Blood Sample Collection From Home
Did your health physician have advised you to get a regular blood tests? But, does the thought of spending hours at a lab for a blood test has stopped you to step out from your home? Don’t worry, we have got you covered. blood sample collection from home is the best and the easiest ways to get your regular blood test without fail.
Sounds right for sure, but is this service as exact and accurate as a lab test sample? The sample taken from home will be endangered to many factors such as traffic, pollution, distance and time that may influence the accuracy of the result. Not just that, lab test home collection results are also helpful in many ways and many diagnostic centre in lucknow also offers home collection service.
Here, you will find why blood sample collection from home will be helpful for you, what types of blood tests are available and which diagnostic centre home collection will be the right choice to get a blood sample.
These days, many patients prefer taking blood sample collection from home instead of going to the hospital. The number of hours you spend at the diagnostic centre’s queue can be a big reason why many people prefer getting a sample test at home. Taking care of your health is important and getting reasonable tests is equally important. AMA diagnostic offers sheer convenience and best services of a blood test at home in Lucknow.
You will get AMA diagnostic’s trained technicians who will arrive at your doorstep and will collect samples. Home collection service at home is completely free of cost and reports can be delivered at home.
At our diagnostic centre, you will find the best technicians and easy to call facility that ensure that patients get the best service at the comfort of their homes.
What you can learn from your own blood?
Many diagnostic centers in Lucknow offer you blood collection home visit. A huge number of people track on their health suffering from cholesterol, liver functioning, and vitamin deficiency. All these factors have a dramatic impact on your life and indicate your health’s condition.
The real value arrives when you track your blood and can see changes in your blood. After seeing your result, you can adjust your lifestyle and find out the result before they become a problem.
Sample collection at home is an easy process
A Physician lab test helps you diagnose, manage, and treat your condition at the comfort of your home. You can easily book a test online or schedule the test over a phone call.
Home blood collection service is performed by the technician known as a phlebotomist. Before the collection of blood, the phlebotomist reviews the test and the type of sample collected with the minimum volume required technique, material collection, and handling and storage guidelines.
After this, the following actions are performed with your blood sample:
- The technician will make you sit or lie down during the blood collection procedure.
- The phlebotomist will use their insert a fresh needle to bring out the blood from a vein in your arm.
- When the needle is inserted, you will be asked to make a tight fist and technician will use a band compress your arm.
- Once the technician will find a vein, he will clean away the area and then insert the needle.
- You will feel a slight prickling sensation and then your blood will take the needle and will put an adhesive bandage.
- He may even ask you to press firmly on the site to stop the blood.
Process after the blood sample is collected
After your blood is collected, the sample will be labelled out and will be sent to the pathology labs in lucknow for further analysis. Handling of blood from home to the library is the most critical task to ensure accurate results.
AMA diagnostic’s technicians ensure that the blood test quality shows the accurate result and use Black code technology so that the sample does not get contaminated by the environment. They keep all safety measures to protect from heat, sunlight, pollution, and human error.
Benefits of Home collection blood sample
Nowadays many cities in India are moving towards the advanced healthcare stage. In recent years, many labs and diagnostic centre have started offering home collection blood samples facility that helps the lives of many persons.
It basically helps people living in cities to easily rely on sample blood collection. The sample collection at home has many advantages. Look at them below:
- Time proficient
Blood test sample at home saves you valuable time. For instance, if you have to leave early but have to get a blood test done then AMA diagnostic centre can offer you home service of a blood test.
You can call the representative and get your sample tested at a reasonable price. This will save you time as well as you don’t have to visit the diagnostic centre again and again for it.
- Provide relief to weaker/older people
Many times older or weaker people don’t have the energy to visit the distant diagnostic centre to get the blood test. As in many situations they walk down to the lab and then return after the blood test.
In such situations, home blood sample in Lucknow can act as a saviour. The patients can easily stay at home and wait for the representative to come and take out the blood sample.
- Benefit for children
Children are more prone to infections now and then. Many doctors also recommend sharing the recent blood report of your baby. So, instead of going out on a chilly winter or hot summer days, you can look out the best option and take the blood sample of your baby at home.
This approach will help your baby to get a recent report and get the right treatment.
- Confident about the hygiene
Another helpful benefit of a lab sample collection from home is that the patient feels more confident about the hygiene. As your sample will be taken at your home and you don’t have to worry about the lab’s cleanliness especially if you are more prone to the risk of getting the communicable disease or have issue to wait at a crowded area.
Some errors that may happen on your sample blood collection at home
Besides having Amazing benefits of a blood test at home, you may also have to worry about its error and inaccuracy.
There might be chances that you get inaccurate blood result. You may get different types of errors that can happen on your sample test. It is important to check the following things in mind while getting your sample tested:
- Insufficient information about the test
You should know about your test before the blood collection. The phlebotomist informs you about your test result and answers basic query to the test. For example, fasting blood sample and knowledge of the sample will show the accuracy of the data.
- Hushed-up experience
The blood sample collection procedure is a systematic procedure that has some defined steps. Patience and proper use of equipment is a must. For example, the use of tourniquet can affect the test result or shake the sample rigorously. It can change the quality of the test sample or during sterilisation before pricking the blood.
- Reuse of equipment again
A fresh needle is a must in every test. While taking out the blood sample, ensure that the phlebotomist uses a fresh needle and open the seal of the needle in front of your eyes. You must keep a check on the equipment cleanliness.
- Mislabelled samples
The blood sample taken out must be labelled out correctly and must have accurate identification, investigation and recording.
- Hygienic factors
A blood test is the most delicate information that should be taken out by following complete hygiene. Hygiene is the first and foremost thing that gives you the right sample result. Right from the phlebotomist to the tools used while taking out the blood such as needles, cotton etc.
Check down the following things while giving the sample of your blood
- The phlebotomist should wear a fresh pair of gloves.
- The workplace must be sterile well.
- You must use a disposable syringe.
- Clean the area of the skin with an antiseptic wipe before injecting the needle.
Insufficient quantity of sample collected
All the tests must need a blood sample and should have essential things for accurate results.
- Temperature control
The blood sample must be kept under the right temperature within 3-degree Centigrade during transportation. After taking the sample collection, the phlebotomist keeps the sample inside the security box to ensure its cleanliness.
- Time restrictions
All the samples collected will be transported to the laboratory within the time of hours. If any delay caused, then it may make the false reading of the sample and cannot be used for any medical investigation.
The laboratory test performed should be essential for your health as it guides the physician to check what’s going on inside your body.
So, before you go through any blood test at home, you must ensure that it must result at its highest accuracy. By avoiding the above errors, you can bring out the accurate result of your blood test.
Best Diagnostic Center to Avail Blood Test at Home
Who provides such services in Lucknow?
In Lucknow, you can rely on AMA diagnostic centre. They will offer you the best home collection of blood samples as well as other samples with a full detailed report. You can call to the laboratory and they will send you a full report to your address for the sample collection.
One of the main reasons why people do not get their health check-up regularly is the inconvenience of not leaving the home. It is a big struggle that many people go through; from driving through the busy hours to making through the horrendous traffic to get the accurate test result.
Facilities offered by AMA diagnostic centre at home:
- Detect health problem
In this day and age, we are more prone to several diseases such as liver problems, diabetes, chronic disease, hypertension, cardiovascular diseases that may hamper us and our living style. Therefore, it becomes important for us to get annual health check-ups every often and do screenings without fail. The test performed helps a patient in finding out health problem before they become a serious problem.
- The network of well-trained phlebotomists
AMA diagnostic centres have a team of well-trained phlebotomists that are spread across the places. So whenever you ask for a home sample collection service, they will collect the samples at your appropriate time slot.
- Body health check-up packages
AMA diagnostic also offers a full body checkup package for your family and you. You may also need to take care of your sample for at least 12 hours before it is taken out. In these situations, it is much comforting and convenient to opt for home sample collection.
A trained technician from AMA will come to your house and collect your blood sample. After taking the sample, they will take it to the laboratory where the tests are conducted. The diagnostic center also follows rigorous methods and homogeneous procedures that assure you of the quality of the diagnostics without compromising it.
- ISO certified technology
Equipment used in the laboratory is ISO certified and installed from time to time. AMA diagnostic center makes sure that they sterilize all their equipment’s and consider hygiene as a top priority.
If you are still worried about why choose AMA diagnostic to get blood collection at home then our laboratories will have the application of cutting-edge technology. Even the tests are available at decent rates without compromising the quality of the technology.
We also perform the testing process, technology, methods and follow best practices in the world. You will experience the best high-level test proficiency and assured expertise and standardization.
- Common tests services at home
The tests performed at home includes complete blood report, blood sugar levels, HbA1C levels, liver function, kidney function, thyroid tests, cardiac markers, electrolytes, Urinalysis, pregnancy tests, maternal markers, etc.
- Avoid long queues
Now you can avoid the long queue and wait in line by choosing AMA diagnostic home sample collection service. This allows you to take the blood test from your home by scheduling it over a phone call. The result of the test will be given to you online on the same day.
You will be notified about your tests report over SMS, mail, or can log in to the website to get your test report.
What are some common routine Blood tests?
Many people suffer from different types of diseases. To find out the problem, the easiest and direct way is to get the blood tests done. You can call for a blood sample home pickup service and receive a technician at your home for blood tests. You can get any of the following blood tests at home:
- Complete Blood Count
This test is commonly known as CBC and is performed to measure the number of cells in the blood, include red and white blood cells. This test will examine your general health status, screen your disorders and determine the health status. It can even find out nutritional status, weakness, fatigue, malaria, anaemia, leukaemia, and infection.
- Basic Metabolic Panel
This test measures potassium, glucose, calcium, chloride, carbon dioxide, blood urea nitrogen, sodium, and creatinine that helps in determining your blood sugar levels, fluid balance, electrolyte and kidney function. The Basic Metabolic Panel test will let your doctor know the medication affects you are taking like high blood pressure medicines can help in finding out few conditions as a part of your health screening.
For the judgement of this test, you have to fast for atleast 12 hours before taking this test.
- Prothrombin Time
This test is also known as PT and Pro Time. It is a test that measures the time for blood clotting. This clotting test can even measure the presence of different blood clotting factors. Also, it can screen any abnormalities in bleeding and measure the medication treatment in preventing the blood clot formation.
- Sexually transmitted disease tests
By using a blood sample, doctors can find out many of the sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). The test is combined using urine samples or effect the tissue of accurate diagnoses.
The following STDs can find out with blood tests which may include:
The blood tests for the above diseases may not be always accurate after an infection. For instance, an HIV infection patient may have to wait for at least a month before a virus is detected.
- Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
This test is conducted combined with Basic Metabolic Panel and six of the tests for a complete evaluation of metabolic functions by focusing on organ systems.
- Coagulation panel
Coagulation tests help in finding out how well you can measure blood clots. The major tests may include fibrinogen activity test and prothrombin time (PT) test (already discussed above).
Clotting may prevent bleeding after a cut or wound. But if a clot happens in your vein or artery then it can be deadly which can block the flow of your blood, heart, lungs, or heart attack strokes.
The Coagulation test results may vary based on your health or your condition may affect clotting.
Coagulation tests can be used to diagnose:
- vitamin K deficiency
- acute myeloid leukaemia
- liver conditions
Thyroid Stimulating Hormone
This test is a screening test that is used to monitors the functioning of the thyroid.
The liver panel is a combination test that is used to detect and assess liver function and establish the presence of liver tumours.
The lipid panel test is a group test that is used to estimate the cardiac risk. It includes cholesterol levels and triglyceride levels.
This test helps in finding out diabetes and sugar levels present in the body.
Enzymes are a type of protein that helps your body accomplishes chemical processes like break down of food and blood clotting. They are used for body function and indicating different conditions.
The enzymes tests may include the following:
- Creatine phosphokinase (CPK-1).These enzymes are found in your lungs and brain and high levels may indicate brain injuries and cancer.
- CPK-2 (CK-MB).This is found in your heart that may increase in your blood causing a heart attack or heart injury.
- CPK-3. These are also available in your heart. This may often result from muscle inflammation, injury, or excessive exercise.
- This is a heart enzyme that can break into your blood and can cause heart injury.
DHEA-sulphate serum test
The dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) is a hormone that comes from your adrenal glands and the DHEA sulphate test can measure your hormone level whether it is high or low.
DHEA hormone develops body hair in men and if the levels are low then it is considered an abnormal condition. Whereas, in women, the high levels of DHEA hormone means excessive body hair and the low levels are considered as a normal condition.
C-reactive protein test
C-reactive protein (CRP) is a test made by your liver when the tissues of your body are infected. The high CRP levels may indicate inflammation from a variety of causes including:
- artery inflammation
- heart disease
- inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- rheumatoid arthritis
This is a general screening test that is used to find out the early signs of disease and help in monitoring kidney and diabetes.
Cultures are used to detect and diagnose the treatment of infections and illness such as pneumonia, urinary tract infections, strep throat, meningitis, MRSA for proper antibiotic therapy.
To get these tests done, you can call for a home tests service at AMA diagnostics and get the result within some time.
Why do some blood tests require fasting?
Everything you eat and drink includes vitamins, protein, and other nutrients that can increase or drop the levels in your blood. By fasting for at least 8 to 12 hours, you can ensure that blood test results are free from these variables and make your test as accurate as possible.
Few of the common tests that requires fasting includes:
- blood sugar tests
- cholesterol tests
- liver function tests
- kidney function tests
- glucose test
- basic metabolic panel
How we test and analyse our blood test?
- The blood sample is collected at home.
- The appropriate testing is ordered by the health care provider and labelled correctly in the container.
- The sample is taken to the laboratory and examined to find out the result.
Doorstep blood sample collection procedure brings accurate and timely lab test result.
How long does it take to get tests results?
- The blood tests results are generally known within a few hours to a few days. It may depend upon the type of test and the number of tests performed.Look below on an overview of the time taken to find out the result of the common test:
- complete blood count (CBC) will take 24 hours to find out the result.
- basic metabolic paneltest result takes 24 hours
- the complete metabolic panel result will be available within 24–72 hours
- Lipid panel will find out within 24 hours.
All the test time will depend upon a specific lab where you can get your test done at once. If you get multiple tests then you will get complete result on time. Sometimes a lab will show you the accurate result and will review them to you.
Tips of taking blood test on your own
- How to avoid the errors?Earlier, blood tests were limited to finger stick tests such as blood sugar tests. You have to visit the laboratory and sit in an uncomfortable chair and wait for your name to be called out. Many patients may even have a rolling or fragile vein that makes the process difficult and stressing.Now the technology has moved on so far that whether it is home sampling, clinical trials, therapeutic drug monitoring or any number of exciting application, you will get immediate tests results.
The home blood collection home service will allow you to sit at your kitchen and make your sample ready in five minutes. The whole process is quite simple; you just have to follow the directions below.
How to organize the home blood sample kit?
- Open the kit without touching the materials.
- You can remove the instructions and can read it to continue to take your sample.
- The instruction will guide you on how to perform the tests.
- Next, there will be a flat plastic box which you can open it without touching inside and putting it to the lancets.
- There is a small packet; sterile gauze packet that helps you put the gauze in the line.
- You can open the bandage package, remove the back strips and place it in the line.
- The aluminium bag contains desiccant, you can open the bag above the zip and put it next to bandage.
- The white envelope has a seal flag, remove the paperback and expose it to the adhesive strip.
How to collect a blood sample?
- First wash away your hands and keep it dry.
- Place it on the fingertip; press it down until it clicks.
- Squeeze your finger until you get a drop of blood.
- Hold the clamshell towards upside down and touch the little tube to the blood. Repeat the steps until the tips are full.
- Wipe away the blood with the gauze and apply the bandage over it.
- Close the clamshell and keep it again in the aluminium bag, close the zip and seal it securely.
- Keep the aluminium bag in the shipping envelope and set it again to get the best results.
Areas to Avoid While Choosing a Place for Blood Sample
- When you are drawing blood from your body using needle, then you must be aware of certain areas that you must avoid for a blood draw.Below we have described those areas.
- Large scars from any surgery or burns –These areas are difficult to pierce through the needle as the scar tissue is weak and may not give you the right readings.
- The upper limit on the side of a former mastectomy – If you inside needle in this area then the test result may be changed due to lymphedema.
- Hematoma – This place may also give you an error in the test result. If any other site is not available then you can collect the specimen distal to the hematoma.
- Intravenous therapy (IV) or blood transmissions – This fluid can also dilute the result, so it is recommended to collect the blood from the opposite arm.
- Cannula/fistula/heparin lock – Many hospitals offer special policies concerning these devices. Generally, the blood should not be drawn from the arms with these devices without consulting with a physician.
- Edematous limbs – The tissue fluid accumulation may change the test results.
So, while you choose to draw a blood sample at home, you must take care of the above areas.
Blood tests are an easy way to find out and analyse your overall health. You can catch any disease and illness during its early stage and can check how you respond to treatments and body.
You can get a routine blood test at home and can learn about other tests to secure your optimal health.