Tests For Lung Disease
It is the disorder that affects the lungs, which allows us to breathe. When there is a problem with breathing properly, then there is no way of getting enough oxygen.
Some of the diseases caused due to lung disorder are:
- Asthma, emphysema and chronic bronchitis
- Lung cancer
- Influenza or pneumonia type infections
- Sarcoidosis and pulmonary fibrosis
It is a much chronic threat for women than men.
Causes of Lung Disease:
- Smoking: Cigarettes, cigars, or pipes are number one in the list of causing a lung problem. Not only smoking is injurious, passive smoking too is harmful to the person who is not even smoking.
- Radon: It is a colourless, odourless gas that is found in many houses and it is known to be the cause of lung cancer. It is good to get your house checked for the presence of radon gas.
- Air Pollution: Studies in recent times show that the car exhaust is a kind of air pollutant that is leading the population to asthma, other lung-related diseases, lung cancer, and COPD.
- Asbestos: It is a natural mineral fibre that is used in the fireproofing materials, car brakes, insulation, and other such products. It releases minute particles that are easily inhaled. It is known to cause a type of cancer, mesothelioma.
Certain blood test for lung disease is conducted like an arterial blood gas tests to measure the level of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the blood.
Lung function tests are done to examine the lung size and volume, to see if there are any airway diseases.
A pulmonary function test cost comes around Rs. 700 and it totally varies with different cities. On the other hand, asthma test cost in India starts from Rs.180 and it may vary.
AMA Diagnostic Centre offers a great deal of a lung capacity test at home and a number of other pulmonary function tests depending on the specific symptoms or conditions.